Doosan, what does it mean? The name Doosan is made up of two Korean words ‘Doo’ and unit of grain and ‘San’ a mountain. Doosan means that in working together with Inhwa (harmonious teamwork) we form a mighty mountain and can achieve greatness.
Operations Director – Northampton
We are currently recruiting for an experienced Operations Director who will play a crucial role in ensuring our world class products are delivered on-time, in-full to our diverse and growing Customer base whilst leading our new growth strategy for tomorrow and beyond.
What Will You Be Doing?
Variety is the spice of life here at Doosan Rushlift, and as the Operations Director, your exciting goal is to lead the Operations Team, driving process improvements leading to a first-class experience for our Customers. These are some of the things you’ll be working on:
- Full leadership of all aspects of the operation including Parts, Service, Technical Training, Facilities & Workshops and Health & Safety;
- Developing and implementing a strategic suite of KPI’s to ensure the ongoing productivity and profitability of the Operation;
- The chance to own and shape our operations strategy and drive the business forward;
- Forecasting capital investment plans, site and depot planning against resourcing, storage, stock and equipment parts;
- Identifying improvements, develops and executes continuous improvement programs based on Lean manufacturing techniques and methodologies across all operations;
- Complete budget management for all things operational, ensuring successful YTD growth and financial sustainability; and
- Engendering an EHS culture that delivers the transformation to improve safety and operational performance.
What Are We Looking For?
To join our team as the Operations Director, you will need:
- A deep understanding of the MHE industry;
- Proven experience as a leader in all of Manufacturing and Logistics;
- The ability to and experience of managing via a suite of KPIs and SLAs;
- Demonstrable experience in delivering continuous improvement and developing operational efficiencies;
- IT Literate – ideally with knowledge of SAP;
- The ability to inspire, develop and bring your team on a journey;
- NEBOSH/ IOSH/ ISO9001;
- LEAN methodologies, Six Sigma, 5S;
- A strategic thinker;
- An abundance of fresh exciting ideas; and
- A big helping of Inhwa.
What Are We Offering You?
In this critical role of Operations Director, you will be supported to build on your existing abilities and build a career to be proud of. In return, you will receive:
- A highly competitive compensation package;
- Company Car;
- Life assurance;
- Private Medical Insurance;
- Pension scheme;
- BHSF retail/gym/health benefit discounts;
- Direct telephone/Skype doctor service;
- Perks to promote employee welfare, including vouchers for birthdays, weddings, children, studies and/or long service; and
- All the tools you need to be a success in this role.
Who is Doosan Rushlift?
We are Doosan, the name behind one of the nation’s leading forklift brands. We’ve won multiple awards for our innovative approach and we design all our machines with power, performance, operator comfort and environmental friendliness in mind.
Doosan understands that our people are our greatest asset, which is why our Company strategy is based on the following philosophy:
“2G” – Growth of Business by Growth of People.
2G is a virtuous circle where people drive the business growth, which in turn provides our people the opportunity for advancement. Doosan believes that sustained success can only come through our people.
Rushlift, a subsidiary of Doosan, is a leading national provider in MHE of contract hire, fleet management and servicing of materials handling and aviation support equipment. At Rushlift, we pride ourselves on thinking differently; everything we do is about quality and service, from our Sales Team to our Administrators, Engineers and Directors.
Combined with a dual go to market strategy we are one of the leading teams behind one of the nation’s foremost forklift brands.
What Happens Next?
Once you have completed your application, our People Team will initially consider your skills and experience based on your CV and application. If suitable, our team will then contact you to advise you of the next stage.
We will ensure that all our resourcing processes are fair, transparent and consistent across the UK. We want to ensure that the candidate experience is of the highest professional standard.
Doosan Rushlift is committed to providing equality of opportunity for all employees. Furthermore, we aim to ensure our workplaces are free from discrimination and that not only employees but also our potential future employees are treated fairly and with dignity and respect. We will ensure that equality of opportunity maintains a high profile in our organisation.